As a public recreation agency, keeping programs affordable is important, so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of recreation.
We touch individual’s lives on a daily basis – whether it’s the 7-year-old girl gaining self-confidence through dance, the 40-year-old man keeping active and healthy playing softball, or the 90-year-old woman staying connected with friends at a senior center.
Recreation experiences are especially important for the healthy development of our children. When children play, they’re developing the skills they need to succeed in life. Recreation activities help children feel good about themselves, learn how to solve problems and get along with others.
You can help us provide these opportunities by sharing your resources. By donating to the Future Red Tornado Initiative, children with demonstrated financial needs may participate in youth sports programs. Equally important is the opportunity to volunteer. You can enrich children’s lives by giving your time and sharing your talents.
No one agency working alone can possibly meet all of the recreation needs of Lancaster’s children. We collaborate with many community organizations to plan and conduct recreation programs and to stretch each dollar a little further. Our top priority is to give children more opportunities to play, learn and grow through quality recreation experiences.
Support the Future Red Tornado Initiative
For thousands of children living in the City of Lancaster and Lancaster Township, opportunities to participate in youth sports don’t – and won’t – exist because of financial hardships, lack of transportation, and equipment costs. Nationally, sport participation rates among youth living in households with the lowest incomes are just 16 percent.
We know there are far too many Lancaster children left on the sidelines, not experiencing the joy and benefits of sports.
Through a unique collaboration with the School District of Lancaster, we have launched the Future Red Tornado Initiative. Funds will be used to provide scholarships to children and provide expanded training and mentoring for youth sports coaches. As a 501(c)3 organization, contributions to Lancaster Rec are tax deductible.
Make a secure donation to the Future Red Tornado Initiative.
If you’d prefer to contribute by mail, please make checks payable to Lancaster Rec and mail to: Lancaster Recreation Commission
525 Fairview Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
For additional information, contact Heather:
"Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play."-Mike SingletaryNFL Coach, Author, Motivational Speaker and Ordained Minister
Donors and sponsors may pledge and make payments over a one- to five-year period. Depending on the amount of your financial donation, we offer many recognition opportunities to raise awareness of your business, including the following:
- Sponsorship of Lancaster Rec events
- Special Future Red Tornado Founding Member Apparel items
- Business Name with link on Lancaster Rec website
- Name listed in Annual Report
- Name listed in Special Future Red Tornado Sponsor Section in the Activities Guide
- Name/logo listed on Team Sport Uniforms
- Future Red Tornado Founding Member Framed Certificate
With your sponsorship, your business name will be associated with helping all youth in the School District of Lancaster play a sport.
Thank You to Our Partners and Sponsors
- A&H Equipment
- Active for Life
- AIM to Empower
- American Cornerstone Group Insurance & Financial Services
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Annville Cleona Track Program
- Auntie Anne's
- Beat the Streets
- Boys and Girls Club
- City of Lancaster
- City of Lancaster, PA Office of Promotion (LOOP)
- CJ's Hoop for Hope
- Clear Captions
- Constellation Home - An Exelon Company
- Creative Works of Lancaster
- Dick's Sport Goods
- Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC)
- Elizabethtown Sporting Goods
- Fast Signs
- Franklin and Marshall Women's Volleyball
- Fulton Theater
- Fusion Gymnastics
- Giant Food Stores
- Hagelgans & Veronis
- Junior NBA
- Junior Tornado Football
- Keystone STARS
- Lancaster Aquatic Club
- Lancaster Barnstormers
- Lancaster BIKES!
- Lancaster Creative Reuse
- Lancaster Family YMCA
- Lancaster Lodge 134 Order of the Elks
- Lancaster PAL - Police Athletic League
- Lancaster Public Art
- Lancaster Township
- Lancaster Youth Professionals (LYP)
- Life Changes Realty Group Lancaster County
- Lighten Up Lancaster County
- Little League International Baseball & Softball
- McCaskey Alumni Associaion
- McCaskey Athletics
- Millersville University Athletic Department
- Music for Everyone
- Optimist Club
- Patient First
- Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- PreK Counts
- Riverside Camping Association
- SALSA Baseball
- School District of Lancaster
- Staint Joseph Catholic Athletic Club
- Suarez Family McDonald's
- T.W. Ponessa & Associated Couseling Sevices, Inc.
- Tennis Central
- The Fraternal Order of the Eagles
- The H&H Group
- The Mix at Arbor Place
- UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC Pinnacle
- USA Field Hockey
- Warfel Construction
- YPT Soccer