Response from Lancaster Rec on COVID-19
Please be aware, updates and cancelation communication will be distributed via email. Please make sure to update your email address on file. To update your email address, please visit www.lancasterrec.org, scroll to the bottom and complete the E-Newsletter sign up.
Our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – links available at the top right of this page) will also be updated, but we encourage you to visit this page frequently for the most up-to-date information related to Lancaster Rec programs.
The health and safety of those in our programming is paramount. We appreciate your patience and fortitude as we navigate through the next few weeks. Please check back for further updates.
General Update (Updated 3/25/20 at 3PM):
Please be aware, no program fees will be charged during the shutdown, through April 6th. Parents with children enrolled in School Age Care or Early Childhood Education programs will not be charged during this time.
Programming Update (Updated 03/25/20 at 3PM):
In accordance with Governor Wolf’s Statewide Shutdown, Lancaster Rec administrative offices will remain closed until Monday, April 6.
Additionally, the following programs will remain on hold:
- Youth Sports & Dance programs
- Early Childhood Education programs
- School Age Care programs
- Senior Centers
In the meantime, we encourage you and your loved ones to stay home, practice social distancing and please stay safe!
The Health Department here is sharing this number for questions related to COVID-19 (717-787-8092). You can also visit: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
We appreciate your support and attention to this issue. We are committed to keeping you informed during this time.
We encourage you to take a moment to read the preventative measures listed below as outlined by the Health Departments and the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Utilize hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) when soap is not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Stay home when you are sick. Please keep children home when they are sick as well. The CDC recommends staying home for at least 24 hours after no longer having or showing signs of fever or chills.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with tissue or elbow (not hand).
- Discard all used tissues immediately.
- Clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces.
Stay safe and stay well!