Response from Lancaster Rec on COVID-19
Please be aware, updates and cancelation communication will be distributed via email. Please make sure to update your email address on file. To update your email address, please visit www.lancasterrec.org, scroll to the bottom and complete the E-Newsletter sign up.
Our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – links available at the top right of this page) will also be updated, but we encourage you to visit this page frequently for the most up-to-date information related to Lancaster Rec programs.
The health and safety of those in our programming is paramount. We appreciate your patience and fortitude as we navigate through the next few weeks. Please check back for further updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
(Updated 6/5/2020 at 2PM)
- When will Lancaster Rec reopen?
Lancaster Rec administrative offices will reopen on Monday, June 8. The administrative offices will not be open to the public. Individuals must make an appointment to visit the Rec Center by phone or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any individuals visiting the Rec Center must wear a mask and must maintain social distance space of 6 feet apart from other people.
- Are program fees being charged during this time?
No, program fees are not being charged during this time. If you have children in childcare programs, billing is currently suspended for those programs.
- Will Lancaster Rec have summer camp this year?
At this time, Discovery Day Camp and Sports of All Sorts Summer Camps have been cancelled. We may provide additional summer camp options but we are unsure. We are waiting for additional directives from the Pennsylvania State Department of Health and the Governor’s Office. If we do host summer camps, they may start later or have limited spots available.
- When can I register for upcoming programs (like summer camp or sports programs)?
Please call our office at 717-392-2115 for information about upcoming programs. Registration for summer camp programs or childcare programs are NOT yet open. We will post information on this page when registration opens.
- Will Lancaster Rec have the summer playground program and operate the wading pools this summer?
Unfortunately we will not operate the summer playground program this summer, as directed by the guidelines provided by the CDC. Pickup meals for children are available through the School District of Lancaster.
- Will Conestoga Pines Pool be open this summer?
We are unsure. We are currently working to hire staff and lifeguards for the pool to determine if we can open. If you are a certified lifeguard and are looking for a summer job, please contact our office at 717-392-2115.
- What if I have a bill due to Lancaster Rec? Will I be charged late fees?
Billing and payments for all past and future programs will resume when our administrative offices reopen on June 8, 2020. You will be notified if you have a bill due.
- What do I do if a program I signed up for is canceled or postponed?
If a program you signed up for is canceled or postponed, our program staff will reach out to you directly for next steps.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
- How can I help Lancaster Rec during this time?
You can consider donating to us here.
(Updated 6/5/2020 at 2PM)
In accordance with Governor Wolf’s orders, Lancaster County will transition to the Yellow Phase on June 5, 2020.
Senior centers will remain closed indefinitely.
Early Childhood Education and School Age Care programs are currently suspended. If you have a Pre-K student, you can register for kindergarten online at https://sdlancaster.org/enroll-your-child/kindergarten-registration/. This letter has been sent to Pre-K parents/guardians.
You can provide feedback for our Early Childhood Education programs here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6WYQR2S
We anticipate that some Early Childhood Education programs will resume in late June or early July. We are unsure when School Age Programs will resume at this time.
Most youth sports programs, including dance programs, have been canceled. Lancaster Baseball, adult fitness and adult coed softball remain on hold. We anticipate that youth sports programs will resume in late summer and early fall.
We encourage you and your loved ones to practice social distancing and please stay safe!
Please take a moment to read the preventative measures listed below as outlined by the Health Departments and the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Utilize hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) when soap is not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Stay home when you are sick. Please keep children home when they are sick as well. The CDC recommends staying home for at least 24 hours after no longer having or showing signs of fever or chills.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with tissue or elbow (not hand).
- Discard all used tissues immediately.
- Clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces.
Stay safe and stay well!