As a public recreation agency, keeping programs affordable is important, so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of recreation.
We touch individual’s lives on a daily basis – whether it’s the 7-year-old girl gaining self-confidence through dance, the 40-year-old man keeping active and healthy playing softball, or the 90-year-old woman staying connected with friends at a senior center.
Recreation experiences are especially important for the healthy development of our children. When children play, they’re developing the skills they need to succeed in life. Recreation activities help children feel good about themselves, learn how to solve problems and get along with others.
You can help us provide these opportunities by sharing your resources. By donating to our Lancaster Rec Foundation, you support the creative community recreation and educational programming our Lancaster residents rely on. By supporting our scholarship programs, children with demonstrated financial needs may participate in youth sports programs. You can also choose to volunteer (in Lancaster, Pennsylvania) or donate to our wish list and needed items. You can enrich the lives of children, families and seniors by giving your time and sharing your talents and resources.
No one agency working alone can possibly meet all of the recreation needs of Lancaster’s residents. We collaborate with many community organizations to plan and conduct recreation programs and to stretch each dollar a little further. Our top priority is to give residents more opportunities to play, learn and grow through quality recreation experiences.
Support Youth Sports Scholarships for Children in Need
For thousands of children living in the City of Lancaster and Lancaster Township, opportunities to participate in youth sports don’t – and won’t – exist because of financial hardships, lack of transportation, and equipment costs. Nationally, sport participation rates among youth living in households with the lowest incomes are just 16 percent. We know there are far too many Lancaster children left on the sidelines, not experiencing the joy and benefits of sports.
Supporting Lancaster Rec with monthly giving through the Lancaster Rec Foundation is not only convenient- it also makes a bigger impact on our community. Your monthly reoccurring donation will sustain our scholarship program and support Lancaster Rec programs on a consistent basis, providing children and families with the valuable resources they need all year long, not just once a year. Donors take pride in knowing their monthly support adds up to a greater influence in the lives of Lancaster’s next generation and gives residents more opportunities to play!
In 2022, we launched our Scholarship and Endowment Naming Program – where individuals and businesses can create named funds to honor their loved ones and their passion for recreation in our community.
Foundation funds will be used support our mission and to provide scholarships to children and provide expanded training and mentoring for youth sports coaches. Contributions to Lancaster Rec Foundation are tax deductible.
Review our Scholarship Report to learn more about the impact of our scholarship program.
If you’d prefer to contribute by mail, please send your contribution to:
Lancaster Recreation Commission
525 Fairview Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
For additional information about our Lancaster Rec Foundation or our Scholarship Naming Program, contact AJ Eckman at:
"It should always be about the kids. Everything you do should be to make sure the kids you coach have a positive experience and learn all the great life lessons that sports can teach."-Helen WilliamsSports Analyst, Educator, Speaker, and Author
Lancaster Rec offers the opportunity to sponsor youth sports teams, special events and unique community programs. Sponsors may pledge and make payments over a one to five-year period. Depending on the amount of your financial donation, we offer many recognition opportunities to raise awareness of your business, including the following:
- Business Name with link on Lancaster Rec website
- Name listed in Annual Report
- Name/logo printed on Team Sport Uniforms
To learn more about all of the sponsorship opportunities we offer, please refer to our Sponsorship Brochure.
For additional information, contact AJ Eckman at: 717-392-2115 x125
Thank You to Our Partners, Supporters, and Sponsors
- A&H Equipment
- Active for Life
- Active Social & Beneficial Association
- AIM to Empower
- Akita Pest Control
- Allwell from PA Health and Wellness
- American Cornerstone Group Insurance & Financial Services
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Annville Cleona Track Program
- Auntie Anne's
- Beat the Streets
- Bellamo & Associates, LLC
- Boys and Girls Club
- Children's Dental Health
- City of Lancaster
- City of Lancaster, PA Office of Promotion (LOOP)
- CJ's Hoop for Hope
- Clear Captions
- Creative Works of Lancaster
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Dream Dinners
- Dream Framer Custom Framing & Gallery
- Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC)
- Elizabethtown Sporting Goods
- Fast Signs
- Fenner Precision Polymers
- Fête en Blanc Lancaster
- Five Below
- Fox Pest Control
- Franklin and Marshall Women's Volleyball
- Fraternal Order of Eagles #84
- Fulton Theater
- Fusion Gymnastics
- Giant Food Stores
- Hagelgans & Veronis
- Harlan Financial
- Jr. NBA
- Keystone STARS
- Lancaster Barnstormers
- Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital
- Lancaster BIKES!
- Lancaster County Motors
- Lancaster Creative Reuse
- Lancaster County Democratic Committee
- Lancaster Family YMCA
- Lancaster Lodge 134 Order of the Elks
- Lancaster PAL - Police Athletic League
- Lancaster Public Art
- Lancaster School of Cosmetology
- Lancaster Township
- Lancaster United Labor Council
- Lancaster Young Professionals (LYP)
- Laura Schanz Consulting Associates, LLC
- Life Changes Realty Group Lancaster County
- Lift, Inc.
- Lighten Up Lancaster County
- Little League International Baseball & Softball
- McCaskey Alumni Associaion
- McCaskey Athletics
- Members 1st Federal Credit Union
- Metro by T-Mobile
- Millersville University Athletic Department
- Music for Everyone
- Optimist Club
- Patient First
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- PNC Bank
- PreK Counts
- RBC Capital Markets, LLC - Lancaster Office
- SALSA Baseball
- Saint Joseph Catholic Athletic Club
- School District of Lancaster
- Seventh Ward Republican Club
- Suarez Family McDonald's
- T.W. Ponessa & Associated Couseling Sevices, Inc.
- Tennis Central
- The Fraternal Order of the Eagles
- The H&H Group
- Trout CPA
- United Way of Lancaster County
- UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC Pinnacle
- Ville Painters, Inc.
- Warfel Construction
- Weeusables - Lancaster